Andrew,

Thanks for the help. After a lot of fruitless research trying to make PNG files
display metadata in Photoshop (target app by client request), I have moved to
TIFF.

With some more work today, I now have a Python afterRender function in Nuke
that adds the metadata fields to the rendered images - which *do* show up in
Photoshop!

I'm calling exiftool in my python function to do the work of adding the
metadata tags, referencing a text file that holds all of the arguments for the
exiftool command.

Through the process of elimination, I discovered which xmp tags that Photoshop
uses in their file info display. They are a hodgepodge from the xmp-photoshop,
xmp-dc and xmp-itpsCore groups.

...So, to make a long story a little bit shorter, we will be telling our
clients that, if they *really* want the metadata visible in PS, they'll need to
move away from PNG file deliverables to TIFFs.

I spent *way* too many hours figuring this out (mostly beating my head on a
wall of PNGs), but I suppose I learned a few things in the process!

;^)

Rich

Sent from my iPod