Hi all,

just back from a camera test trying to transcode 6k footage form the Red Dragon with the latest version of RedCineX (because Nuke doesn't support those files yes), and am horrified to find transcoding times of 40-60 seconds per frame (outputting 2k dpx files).
Just the other day I was transcoding 8k SF65 files at about 2 seconds per frame on the same machine (slightly older quad core iMac).

Was trying to install RedCineX Pro on my PC (which has much more grunt), but the windows installer throws "missing DLL" errors and unfortunately there is no linux build afaik.

Has anybody had any experience with transcoding 6k Dragon files?

Cheers,
frank