Potentially, but I was thinking more about how you deal with the images
once they have left Nuke..

When you're in Nuke, It will be what ever it is, but when you've rendered
out your images, most other coloursync aware apps like Preview or Photoshop
will assume, given no other information, that its probably sRGB. You want
to assign a profile to those images so everything else downstream knows
what its dealing with.