From what I remember, DeepTransform does not filter like you would expect from a 2D tranform, as that would be a potentially crazy amount of calculations (every single sample would have to be filtered and there could be lots). Hence this node should be used with care for things like reformatting overscan renders or static repos.

Why don't you render all CG with the same (static) camera as the deep, wih a bit of overscan, and match move the lot at the end?

On 21/03/15 5:05 pm, Jed Smith wrote:
Hello!
I am running into some issues with the DeepTransform node and was wondering if anyone has experienced similar behavior.

Basically the situation is that we have some shots that are very nearly lockoff shots, just with some subtle nodal camera movement. In order to save on disk space we are attempting to render a single frame of deep data and matchmove this to the plate's movement before doing the deep holdout on our deep fx elements.

To do this we are trying to use a DeepTransform, but we are running into an issue where it looks like the holdout is jumping. I believe this is being caused by the transform x and y values of the DeepTransform rounding to the nearest pixel values.

Does the DeepTransform node support sub-pixel transform values? Is this not possible? Forgive me if this is a dumb question, I understand Deep conceptually, but I'm sure there are subtleties that I am not aware of.

Vfx Supervisor | Lumen
o: 747-200-2063
c: 818-433-9056

ohufxLogo 50x50 <http://www.ohufx.com>