Don't get me wrong, but:
Why did you agree to deliver 4k if the budget or time doesn't allow for it?
Isn't that significantly devaluing the VFX work?

On 11/06/15 05:39, Sebastian Kral wrote:
Hi everyone,

we have a small project we have to deliver in 4K. Neither the budget nor our renderfarm is big enough to render the CG in native 4K in the time frame. I wanted to ask if you have some experience you can share with us what is the best resolution to use? I would think 2K will not be enough to look good in 4K but perhaps something in between?

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sebastian

--