This is the scenario I have been wondering about ever since the NukeStudio concept was announced:
How will the nuke and the hiero pytho api's communicate with each other?

In Hiero/NS it's no problem to get a track item at a given time via hiero.core.Sequence.trackItemsAt() That, however, is using the hiero api, whereas the Text node is using the nuke api. If you look at the BurnIn gizmo's Text nodes you can see the rather unflattering hotchpotch of nuke specific python, tcl and generic python:

[python nuke.thisNode().metadata(nuke.toNode(nuke.thisNode().fullName().split('.')\\\[len(nuke.thisNode().fullName().split('.'))-2\\]).knob(\"burnIn_topLeft\").value(), \[frame\])]

How is this sort of approach ever going to reconcile with the hiero api in a manner that is customisable and supportable? In other words, it looks like any timeline context is lost on the Nuke side of things - but I hope I'm wrong.