Hey

I don't think you can use this as a grain/regrain solution. But I might
be wrong. As I see it, the grain is not a frequency that goes crazy and
create an overall defect in the entire plate but an overall sensor
response that is baked in the image.

And adding grain node to a checkerboard will generate values everywhere

But I have seen some crazy thing in a image that I just could not
believe that could be removed without affecting a single detail.