Try moving the autosave to a local place on the machine instead of the
default location on the server.  Everything will magically go back to
normal.

Also are you using floating profiles or are the profiles on the server?
Nuke for some strange reason defaults the Windows NUKE_TEMP_DIR to the
artists user directory which is often on the server or with floating
profiles will get copied back to the server when you login/log out.  You
should change it to a global C:\Windows\Temp or some other shared local
place instead of every artist who logs in having a separate cache directory.