Well, it's an OCIO CDLTransform going into a Vectorfield. When they are
connected in the node graph, the colour concatenates as expected. Or
"passes through the full float value" - whatever you want to call it. But
if the CDL Transform is an IP and the Vectorfield is a viewerProcess, then
concatenation breaks.

I  did not exhaustively check all Viewer options, but I did toggle between
GPU and non-GPU. GL Buffer depth set to half float. I figure anything but
byte will work. IP is set before viewerProcess.

Operationally Nuke wont concatenate any colour ops, only transforms.

Er, are you sure about that? ;D

Anyway, I've moved on for now but if anyone has a solution, I'd be
interested to revisit this.