FWIW, I've come to trust Resolve a bit more than comp apps for the initial
raw conversion and debayer to DPX or EXR.  I find it has the controls
necessary and handles the highlights and other details well, with
consistent results that everyone across the whole pipe trusts and looks
good.  Less clicks - the defaults are set correctly out of the box for the
most part.

Kind of odd that there's room for interpretation and you get differences in
files exported from Nuke/AE/Resolve, etc.  Would be nice if the defaults
(esp when reading from cam metadata) were more standardized.

FYI - Not everyone agrees with me on this!  (if so I guess adobe+foundry
would change some settings!) so definitely do your own Pepsi challenge.