Alexandre Fayolle schrieb:
> On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 10:43:42AM +0200, Sven Schreiber wrote:
>>> Again, there is no defense for abbreviating linear_least_squares
>>> because it is unlikely to appear in an expression and waste valuable
>>> horisontal space.
>> not true imho; btw, I would suggest "ols" (ordinary least squares),
>> which is in every textbook.
>
> Please, keep the zen of python in mind : Explicit is better than
> implicit.

True, but horizontal space *is* valuable (copied from above), and some
of the suggested long names were a bit too long for my taste.

Abbreviations will emerge anyway, the question is merely: Will numpy
provide/recommend them (in addition to having long names maybe), or will
it have to be done by somebody else, possibly resulting in many
different sets of abbreviations for the same purpose.

Thanks,
Sven