Hi Chuck,

I don't think a bike is necessary.  It is less than a mile from the
Shattuck hotel to BIDS and takes about 10-15 minutes to walk.  It is
also more or less completely flat and most of the walk is on campus.
There are tons of restaurants and stores immediately around the
Shattuck hotel, so the farthest you probably need to travel is from
the hotel to BIDS and back.

Best regards,
Jarrod