On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 8:38 AM Todd <toddr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think having some function for common cases like moving average and
> spectrogram would be good.  Having a jumping-off point and simple reference
> for testing against could encourage someone to make a faster implementation
> down the road.

This could also be done as a docstring example in the sliding window view
function. It's pretty straightforward, the moving average function in PR
13923 (fnjn_mvgavg) is ~5 lines of code.

That way we don't get stuck with a function that's not as efficient as it
should be, and we can point from there to `bottleneck` and/or something
else that's a high-quality implementation.

Cheers,
Ralf