On Sat, May 2, 2020 at 10:23 PM Warren Weckesser <warren.weckes...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 5/2/20, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gomm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 11:38 PM Sebastian Berg
> > <sebast...@sipsolutions.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> it has come up in the last community call that many of our committee
> >> membership lists have not been updated in a while.
> >> This is not a big issue as such.  But, while these committees are not
> >> very active on a day-to-day basis, they are an important part of the
> >> community and it is better to update them regularly and thus also
> >> ensure they remain representative of the community.
> >>

> > Thanks Sebastian!
> >

> >> We would like to start by updating the members of the Code of Conduct
> >> (CoC) committee.  The CoC committee is in charge of responding and
> >> following up to any reports of CoC breaches, as stated in:
> >>

> https://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/dev/conduct/code_of_conduct.html#incident-reporting-resolution-code-of-conduct-enforcement
> >>
> >> If you are interested in or happy to serve on our CoC committee please
> >> let me or e.g. Ralf Gommers know, join the next community meeting
> >> (April 29th, 11:00PDT/18:00UTC), or reply on the list.
> >>
> >> I hope we will be able to discuss and reach a consensus between those
> >> interested and involved quickly (possibly already on the next community
> >> call).  In either case, before any changes they will be run by the
> >> mailing list to ensure community consensus.
> >>

> > Following up on this: Melissa and Anirudh both volunteered for this
> (thank
> > you!), and in the last community call we discussed this (thumbs up from
> > everyone there), and gave me the assignment to follow up on this list.
> >
> > Both Melissa and Anirudh have experience with CoC's, Melissa for the
> SciPy
> > conference and Anirudh in the MXNet community. They're also two of the
> most
> > active current contributors. So it will be great to have them on the
> > committee.
> >
> > We also discussed that it would be good to have at least one current
> member
> > remain, to have one steering council member who knows the project history
> > well on the committee. Both Stefan and I have said that we're happy to
> stay
> > on. So I would suggest that Stefan and I get together and figure out who
> of
> > us that will be. And then we update the website and the CoC committee's
> > private email list.

Stefan and I talked about this last week. I'm already wearing a lot of hats
(e.g. web and docs teams, Tidelift and NumFOCUS liaison), and also Melissa
and I are colleagues, so we decided it's better for Stefan to remain on the
CoC committee.

I'll open a PR to update the website. Thanks everyone who is volunteering!

Cheers,
Ralf