Hello all, especially those who recently joined and are interested in our
Google Season of Docs projects.

It is great to hear from you!

For now, all the information you need about the program is in the official
GSoD website (https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs), and in our
proposal (
https://github.com/numpy/numpy/wiki/Google-Season-of-Docs-2020-Project-Ideas).

If you are interested, I would advise working on the following:

- Familiarizing yourself with the NumPy docs and the workflow for building
them (https://numpy.org/devdocs/dev/howto-docs.html)
- Reading NEP 44 to have an idea of the current vision and focus for the
docs (https://numpy.org/neps/nep-0044-restructuring-numpy-docs.html)
- Working on your own proposal, so we can analyze it later.

You have until June 8 to do this, and if you need help or have questions
about any of the above, please get in touch so we can help. Make sure you
get in touch with the mentors directly by sending your message to
numpy-scipy-g...@googlegroups.com .

I would also recomment that you attend our Documentation Team meeting
taking place next Monday, May 18, at 3PM UTC (more details in a separate
message to follow shortly).

Welcome!

- Melissa