On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 4:46 PM Kevin Sheppard
<kevin.k.shepp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You need to reacquire the gil, then you can get the lock and rerelease the
> gil.
>
> I think this works (on phone, so untested)
>
> with gil:
>     with nogil, lock:

Thanks Kevin.
This surely works, but feels seriously weird. Is this the only / the
recommended way?
I can of course adjust the buffer size to amortize the time for the
GIL manipulation, but this really starts looking like a code smell.
My original motivation was to have inner simulation loops python-free.
Most likely, the issue is that I'm not using the Generator correctly?

Evgeni