On Mar 7, 2007, at 04:57 , Lars Bittrich wrote:

On Monday 05 March 2007 08:01, Steffen Loeck wrote:
Has there been any progress in solving this problem? I get the same error
message and have no idea how to solve it.

I do not understand those code parts very well but I think the values passed
to the lapack routines must be integer and not long integer on 64bit
architecture. A few tests with the attached patch worked well.

Yeah, this problem is kind of ugly; we should have a test for the integer size in Fortran compilers. However, I don't know how to do that. We've been pretty lucky so far: INTEGER seems to be a C int on everything. I know this is true for GNU Fortran (g77, gfortran) on Linux, on both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms. But I don't think there's any guarantee that it would be true in general.