On Jul 27, 2007, at 2:42 AM, Nils Wagner wrote:

> I cannot reproduce the problem concerning #401. It is Mac specific
> problem. Am I missing something ?

I can't reproduce this problem either. I just yesterday built scipy
from SVN on two different OS X 10.4.10 boxes, one using the fortran
compiler from hpc.sourceforge.net (not the latest 2007 release, but
the december 2006 one), and the other using the compiler from
r.research.att.com/tools. Everything else was similar, and everything
worked fine with regard to ticket 401.

On the other hand, when I tried to compile scipy using the latest
(2007-05) gfortran from hpc.sourceforge.net, I got bizarre link
errors about MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET being set incorrectly. (See
previous email here http://projects.scipy.org/pipermail/scipy-user/
2007-June/012542.html ). Interestingly, with the earlier version of
gfortran from hpc.sourceforge.net, and with the r.research.att.com/
tools version, this problem  does not arise.

Anyhow, my point is that there are still odd linker errors (as in
ticket 401) lurking that may or may not have anything to do with
scipy per se, but might have to do with odd and perhaps buggy builds
of gfortran. Feh -- I wish Apple would just start including a fortran
compiler with the rest of their dev tools. The situation otherwise is
not good.

Zach