Hi --

I have found a bug in numpy-1.0.4.  The bug is a crash when doing
linalg.inv() on a Windows machine.   The machine is an old Pentium 3
machine.  The error report indicates an invalid op code.  Details
about this bug are in the numpy tracker under ticket 635.

Numpy-1.0.3.1 doesn't crash when running the same code.

I installed the pre-built binaries available from numpy's SF site.
Since the binaries were built by you, I can only suspect that the
problem involves using a different compiler to build 1.0.4.  I suspect
the new version was built with a compiler which emitted op codes the
old P3 chip couldn't handle.

Can the developers confirm or deny my hypothesis?

Thanks,

Stuart Brorson
Interactive Supercomputing, inc.
135 Beaver Street | Waltham | MA | 02452 | USA
http://www.interactivesupercomputing.com/