dmitrey wrote:
> The only one thing I'm very interested in for now - why the most
> simplest matrix operations are not implemented to be parallel in numpy
> yet (for several-CPU computers, like my AMD Athlon X2). First of all
> it's related to matrix multiplication and devision, either point or
> matrix (i.e. like A\B, A*B, dot(A,B)).

Eric Jones has made an attempt.

   http://svn.scipy.org/svn/numpy/branches/multicore/

Unfortunately, the overhead of starting the threads and acquiring/releasing
thread locks wipes out most of the performance gains until you get fairly large
arrays. It is possible that this comes from the particular implementation,
rather than being intrinsic to the problem.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco