Charles R Harris wrote:
> OK, so far I've knocked it down to 35KB by removing stuff I'm not
> interested in. It is now smaller than Cog, and 7x larger than the file
> we now use to do the same job. I'm pretty sure I can make it leaner than
> that. It remains extensible.

Can you put a tarball up somewhere? Django generally requires environment
variables to configure itself. There is a way to configure these from code, but
it looks like that pulls in django.conf. This is my primary source of
discomfort
with using Django templates. My experience with using Django components outside
of a Django web app has been frustrating. The more modifications we make, the
more we have to maintain. And if any of it causes problems for someone trying
build numpy, that's more questions we need to answer. I want to answer numpy
questions, not Django questions.

I would be much, much more comfortable with an implementation that can simply
be
dropped in without modification.

--
Robert Kern