Hello,

Thanks to everyone who has been working on getting the 1.0.5 release
of NumPy out the door.  Since my last email at least 12 bug tickets
have been closed.  There are a few remaining issues with the trunk,
but we are fasting approaching a release.

One additional issue that I would like to see more progress made on
before tagging the next release is improved documentation especially
of the new maskedarray implementation.  I know that Pierre has spent a
lot of time developing the new implementation and has other pressing
issues, so ideally others will be able to pitch in.  Given that I want
to get the release out ASAP, I have decided to have a Doc Day this
Friday, March 21st.  I will send out an official announcement later
tonight.

This release promises to bring a number of important improvements and
should represent a very stable and mature release in the 1.0 series of
NumPy.  After this release I hope to start planning for the a new
major development series leading to a 1.1 release.  So if you have any
time to help close tickets or improve documentation, please take the
time over the next few days to do so.

Thanks,

--
Jarrod Millman