On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 9:21 PM, yunzhi cheng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Matthieu,
>
> I have to call a commercial software APIs from Python. If I import Numpy and
> that software package in one script, they are not compatible. Sometimes
> error occurs. But either one of them works well in Python. Just they cannot
> exist together.
> The supporters of the commercial software told me that their software is
> complied in VC++8. It is not compatible with Numpy since Numpy is compiled
> not in VC++8. So they told me to try to compile Numpy in VC++8.
> It is a hard task for me to do that.
> But I have to use Numpy in my python script since I want to use some
> complicated algorithms.
> Any help is appreciated.

Different versions of Microsoft's compiler use different libraries for
the standard C library. Some simple Python extension modules compiled
with a different compiler than the Python interpreter will usually
work. The commercial library you are using appears to be one of them.
numpy is not one of them. If the commercial module must be built with
VC++8, then you will need to also get *both* the Python interpreter
and numpy built with VC++8.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."