Bill Baxter wrote:
> What's the installer supposed to do?

It is supposed to install numpy :) The fact that it is not clear is not
good, obviously. Suggestions to make it more obvious are welcomed.

> It appears to have decided I have SSE3 extracted an sse3 exe to
> somewhere, and then quit without doing anything else.  I can't seem to
> find where it put the numpy-1.0.5-sse3.exe it extracted, either.

You did not have the usual serie of screens for numpy installation
(python version detection, etc...) ? If not, this means the installer
does not work at all.

If working, you are not supposed to find the numpy-1.0.5-sse3.exe, the
whole idea of the installer is to choose the right numpy installer, and
run it. This is meant to simplify windows' users life, the ones who do
not know nor care about what SSE or ATLAS is and whether their computer
support it.

> The details, say "Execute: numpy-1.0.5-sse3.exe" but no executing
> seems to have happened.

No executing and no error ? That's the worse thing which could happen,
and the exact thing I was fearing (this and vista support).

thanks for testing this out,

cheers,

David