Hi,
The installer requires 2.5 but that is not explicitly stated. Given
that numpy and scipy technically require Python 2.3 as a minimum, the
installer should support Python 2.3 and Python 2.4. Otherwise, it
needs to clearly state that Python 2.5 is a must.

I did install Python 2.5.2 on my WIndows XP AMD Athlon XP 2100+ system
and all the tests passed.

Regards
Bruce