Pearu Peterson wrote:
> f2py changes are never critical to numpy users who do not use f2py.

No, but they are to scipy users if f2py cannot build scipy.

> I have stated before that I am not developing numpy.f2py any further.
> This also means that any changes to f2py should be essentially bug
> fixes. Creating a branch for bug fixes is a waste of time, imho.

I was speaking about creating a branch for the unit tests changes you
were talking about, that is things which could potentially break a lot
of configurations.

Is the new f2py available for users ? If yes, you should tell f2py users
to use this, and just do not care at all about numpy.f2py anymore,
except for critical bugs. Maintaining two versions of the same software
is always a PITA, so if you don't want to spend time on it, just focus
on the new f2py (as long as numpy.f2py can build scipy, of course).

cheers,

David