Nadav Horesh wrote:
> Here is what I get with the orriginal trapz function:
>
> IDLE 1.2.2
> '1.1.0'
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<pyshell#4>", line 1, in <module>
>     np.trapz(y, x, axis=0)
>   File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\numpy\lib\function_base.py", line 1536,
> in trapz
>     return add.reduce(d * (y[slice1]+y[slice2])/2.0,axis)
> ValueError: shape mismatch: objects cannot be broadcast to a single shape

(Try not to top post on this list.)

I can get it to work like this:

import numpy as np
y = np.arange(24).reshape(6,4)
x = np.arange(6).reshape(-1,1)
np.trapz(y, x, axis=0)

 From the text of the error message, you can see this is a problem with
broadcasting.  Due to broadcasting rules (which will *prepend*
dimensions with size 1), you need to manually add an extra dimension to
the end.  Once I resize x, I can get this to work.  You might want to
look at this: http://www.scipy.org/EricsBroadcastingDoc

Ryan

--
Ryan May