Michael Abbott wrote:
> Only half of my patch for this bug has gone into trunk, and without the
> rest of my patch there remains a leak.

Thanks for your work Michael.   I've been so grateful to have you and
Chuck and others looking carefully at the code to fix its problems.

In this particular case, I'm not sure I see how (the rest of) your patch
fixes any remaining leak.   We do seem to be having a disagreement about
whether or not the reference to typecode can be pre-maturely destroyed,
but this doesn't fit what I usually call a "memory leak."     I think
there may be some other cause for remaining leaks.
> I can see that there might be an argument that PyArray_FromAny has the
> semantics that it retains a reference to typecode unless it returns NULL
> ... but I don't want to go there.  That would not be a good thing to rely
> on -- and even with those semantics the existing code still needs fixing.

Good, that is the argument I'm making.  Why don't you want to "rely on
it?"

Thanks for all your help.

-Travis