On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 8:02 PM, Pierre GM <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I'm in favor of putting it in. Pierre has also made some fixes to masked
> > arrays. I think that is about the end of it for 1.1.1. However, if
> anyone
> > is running Python 2.3 it would be helpful if you could test the release
> > candidate as the buildbots are all 2.4 or 2.5.
>
> Oh yes. I don't have access to Python 2.3, so I haven't been able to check
> whether one dictionary update in MaskedArray.reshape would work properly
> (on
> 1.1.x, it does on 1.2).

Hmm... 70 errors. Pretty much all of them of this sort:

ERROR: Tests unmasked_edges
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/numpy/ma/tests/test_extras.py", line
139, in test_edges
    assert_equal(notmasked_edges(a, None), [0,23])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/numpy/ma/testutils.py", line
107, in assert_equal
    if actual_dtype.char == "S" and desired_dtype.char == "S":
NameError: global name 'actual_dtype' is not defined

Pierre, I suggest you go to python.org and install python-2.3.7 instead of
shooting blind. It's pretty easy if you're running linux, just be sure to
end with make altinstall in case your distro has python installed in
/usr/local.

Chuck