On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 10:34:04AM -0400, Kevin Jacobs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
>    The morale of this discussion, for me, is that just because _you_ don't
>    care about a particular aspect or feature, doesn't mean that others don't
>    or shouldn't.  Your workarounds may not be viable for me and vice-versa.
>    So let's just go with the spirit of open source and encourage those
>    motivated to controbute to do so, provided their suggestions are sensible
>    and do not break code.

I fully agree ehre. And if people improve numpy's startup time with
breaking or obfuscating stuff, I am very happy. I was just trying to help
:).

Yes, the value of open source is that different people improve the same
tools to meet different goals, thus we should always keep on open ear to
other people's requirements, especially if they come up with high-quality
code.

Gaël