Travis E. Oliphant wrote:
> Ryan May wrote:
>> Stefan (or anyone else who can comment),
>>
>> It appears that the usecols argument to loadtxt no longer accepts numpy
>> arrays:
>>

> Could you enter a ticket so we don't lose track of this.  I don't
> remember anything being intentional.

Done: #905
http://scipy.org/scipy/numpy/ticket/905

I've attached a patch that does the obvious and coerces usecols to a
list when it's not None, so it will work for any iterable.

I don't think it was a conscious decision, just a consequence of the
rewrite using different methods.  There are two problems:

1) It's an API break, technically speaking
2) It currently doesn't even accept tuples, which are used in the docstring.

Can we hurry and get this into 1.2?

Thanks,
Ryan

--