Charles R Harris wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 12:55 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>
>     On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 01:49, Charles R Harris
>     <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>     > Hi All,
>     >
>     > I bumped into this while searching for something else:
>     > http://www.ohloh.net/p/numpy/analyses/latest
>
>     -14 lines of Javascript?
>

> Well, they have scipy mostly written in C++ and davidc as a C
> developer with a 29000 line commit ;)

C++ in scipy mostly is generated code (sparsetools) + blitz. There is
also the problem of code reformating: for example, ohloh seems to
believe I am an advanced Fortran developer from scipy, whereas I barely
know how to code an hello world; I guess this is because of my removal
of arpack while the license issue was discussed and solved. IIRC, I did
use the svn method to put back the code, so in theory, it should be
possible to realize I did not code any of the above.

Also, svn is pretty dumb about renaming (it is just an atomic copy +
rm), so if you remove a file, I would not be surprised if you become the
author of the whole file for svn in that case. I mean, I am far from
being the main author of scipy for any meaningful measure of contribution.

cheers,

David