On Wednesday 23 April 2008 15:48:23 Christopher Barker wrote:
> > - Boost Python [1]. Especially if you want usable C++ integration. (ie.
> > more than basic templates, etc.)
>
> What's the status of the Boost array object? maintained? updated for
> recent numpy?

The boost.python array object is still maintained. However, it has a few
problems:

1. All array operations go through python which makes it too slow for my
purposes. Phil Austin posted an alternate class on this list which works well
since it uses the numpy C API:

http://www.eos.ubc.ca/research/clouds/software/pythonlibs/num_util/num_util_release2/Readme.html

2. Only numeric & numarray are supported out of the box, but it is simple to
support numpy; just add the following after calling import_array in your
extension module:
  boost::python::numeric::array::set_module_and_type( "numpy", "ndarray" );

3. If you want the C++-way of dealing with numpy matrices & vectors directly
as objects look at either of the following:
  http://mail.python.org/pipermail/cplusplus-sig/2008-October/013825.html
  http://mathema.tician.de/software/pyublas
Of course, I am biased towards the first approach.

Regards,
Ravi