Nicolas ROUX wrote:
> -2- Now with the code below I have strange result.
> With w=h=400:

> With w=400 and h=300:
>    - Using "numpy.ogrid", => broadcast ERROR !
>
> The last broadcast error is:
>  "ValueError: shape mismatch: objects cannot be broadcast to a single shape"

This is probably a broadcasting error, which means your result with w=h
is probably wrong.

My advice:

Always test with non-square arrays, to make sure you are broadcasting as
you expect.

Don't test with "zeros" or "ones" for your test data -- so you can look
at the results and see if you are getting what you expect. I often use
something like:

a = numpy.arange(w*h).reshape((h,w))

I also test with very small dimensions so that I can easily print the
results of each step as I develop the code

With this approach you will probably figure out what's going on.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

chris.bar...@noaa.gov