JH,
Thx for the links, but I'm afraid I need something more basic than
that. For example, I'm referring to Python as:

van Rossum, G. and Drake, F. L. (eds), 2006. Python Reference Manual,
Python Software Foundation,. http://docs.python.org/ref/ref.html.

I could indeed use http://www.scipy.org/Citing_SciPy to cite Scipy
(although the citation is incomplete), and define something similar
for Numpy... Or refer to the "Computing in Science and Engineering"
special issue. I'm just a bit surprised there's no official standard.

Thx,
P.