On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 4:52 AM, Ryan May <rma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is what I'm getting when I try to build scipy HEAD:
>
> building library "superlu_src" sources
> building library "arpack" sources
> building library "sc_c_misc" sources
> building library "sc_cephes" sources
> building library "sc_mach" sources
> building library "sc_toms" sources
> building library "sc_amos" sources
> building library "sc_cdf" sources
> building library "sc_specfun" sources
> building library "statlib" sources
> building extension "scipy.cluster._vq" sources
> error:
> /home/rmay/.local/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/distutils/command/../mingw/gfortran_vs2003_hack.c:
> No such file or directory
>
> This didn't happen until I updated to *numpy* SVN HEAD.  Numpy itself is
> building without errors and no tests fail on my system.  Any ideas?

Yes, as the name implies, it is an ugly hack to support gfortran on
windows - and the hack itself is implemented in an ugly way. I will
fix it tomorrow - in the mean time, copying the file from svn into the
directory where the file is looked for should do it - the file is not
used on linux anyway.

David