On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 10:38 PM, Matthieu Brucher
<matthieu.bruc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/4/9 David Cournapeau <courn...@gmail.com>:
>> On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 3:34 AM, Ondrej Certik <ond...@certik.cz> wrote:
>>
>>> Yes.
>>
>> Do you have any windows developers (I am sorry, I am not familiar at
>> all with sympy)?
>>
>> My main concern with git are:
>>  - you may need the command line
>>  - the index can be confusing (you can avoid learning it at first, but
>> still some errors won't make sense before you get it).
>>  - git is not discoverable (you need to read some documentation)
>
> I tried to install git on my computer, as git-svn seemed so nice. I
> tried git-svn and it told me that some .pm files are missing. Why did
> it install git-svn if some files are missing? And why isn't it
> possible to get some information on how to install those missing files
> on the Internet.

For which system did you install it ? I don't think git-svn work well
or at all on windows.

Otherwise, git has binary installers for every platform which matters.
Installing from sources is a bit harder than bzr/hg, but certainly
easier than svn, if you need to,

cheers,

David