2009/4/12 Fernando Perez <fperez....@gmail.com>:
> What you need to
> accept is that the core objects you should manipulate are the atomic
> change units needed to reconstruct the state of the project, and the
> connectivity between those units.  If you have tools to manipulate
> said entities,  you'll be able to really integrate the work that many
> people may be doing on the same objects in disconnected ways, back
> into a single coherent entity.

Your paragraph above very neatly sums up the conclusion I have been
converging towards during the last couple of months.  Back at Sage
Days 8, when we discussed the different systems, I underestimated the
value of this type of manipulation, and of having a clearly structured
and easily traversable history.

Of course, back then git wasn't even an option, being somewhat crude,
but the playing field has levelled since.  With git, I have discovered
the joys of "patch carving" ("patch manipulation"), and contributing
well polished patches to any project, including those you don't have
repository access to, becomes painless.

Thanks for taking the time to write.  It's great to hear from more
experienced DVCS users!

Regards
Stéfan