Fri, 22 May 2009 10:00:56 +0200, Francesc Alted kirjoitti:
[clip: pyhdf5io]
> I've been having a look at your module and seems pretty cute.
> Incidentally, there is another module module that does similar things:
>
> http://www.elisanet.fi/ptvirtan/software/hdf5pickle/index.html
>
> However, I do like your package better in the sense that it adds more
> 'magic' to the load/save routines.  But maybe you want to have a look at
> the above: it can give you more ideas, like for example, using CArrays
> and compression for very large arrays, or Tables for structured arrays.

I don't think these two are really comparable. The significant difference
appears to be that pyhdf5io is a thin wrapper for File.createArray, so
when it encounters non-array objects, it will pickle them to strings, and
save the strings to the HDF5 file.

Hdf5pickle, OTOH, implements the pickle protocol, and will unwrap non-
array objects so that all their attributes etc. are exposed in the hdf5
file and can be read by non-Python applications.

--
Pauli Virtanen