Hi, folks, Using NumPy 1.3.0 from Fedora 11, though this issue likely
applies to current trunk (I've not actually tested, just taken a look
at the sources)

As numpy.distutils.FCompiler inherits from
distutils.ccompiler.CCompiler, the method
"runtime_library_dir_option()" fails with NotImplementedError. I had
to add the monkeypatch pasted below to a setup.py script (full code at
 http://petsc.cs.iit.edu/petsc4py/petsc4py-dev/file/tip/demo/wrap-f2py/setup.py)
in order to get things working (wiht GCC on Linux):

from numpy.distutils.fcompiler     import FCompiler
from numpy.distutils.unixccompiler import UnixCCompiler
FCompiler.runtime_library_dir_option = \
    UnixCCompiler.runtime_library_dir_option.im_func

Do any of you have an idea about how to properly fix this issue in
numpy? I'm tempted to re-use the UnixCompiler implementation in POSIX
(including Mac OS X?), just to save some lines and do not repeat that
code in every FCompiler subclass... Comments?

--
Lisandro Dalcín