Here's an example:

On winxp 64-bit:

Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Feb 21 2008, 13:11:45) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32
>>> import numpy
>>> import cPickle
>>> a = numpy.eye(10)
>>> cPickle.dump(a,open('from32bitxp.pkl','w'))
>>> import numpy.core.multiarray
>>> numpy.__version__
'1.0.4'

On linux 64 bit:

Python 2.5.4 (r254:67916, Feb  5 2009, 19:52:35)
>>> import numpy
>>> import cPickle
>>> cPickle.load(open('from32bitxp.pkl'))
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named multiarray
>>> numpy.__version__
'1.2.1'
>>> import numpy.core.multiarray

Note that I transfer the from32bitxp file from the winxp32 machine to
the linux host. Also, I've tried this with version 1.3 on winxp and
get the same problem on the linux host.

Here's more interesting info:

On linux:

>>> a = numpy.eye(10)
>>> cPickle.dump(a,open('from64bitLinux.pkl','w'))

upon transferring the file to winxp 32 and on winxp32:

>>> cPickle.load(open('from64bitLinux.pkl'))

See? No problem going from linux to winxp32; but problems going the other way.

Please let me know if you need more info on this.

Any help appreciated.