Charles R Harris wrote:
> David says this is due to a stray old file (see earlier post), you need
> to clean out the previous numpy installation.

Done, and yes, that was it. Which is weird, because I really thought I'd
cleared it out the first time! I"m still having trouble figuring out how
to test it without installing it, but it's not so hard to put the old
one back if I want.

Now I get:

FAILED (KNOWNFAIL=4, SKIP=1, failures=2)

and the two failures are:

> It is the odd long double of PPC, also reported earlier.

> It should probably be marked a known fail on PPC. If David or a developer had
> PPC it might could be worked out.

How tricky is it? If someone tells me where to look, I might be able to
poke at it, though I may be out of my depth.

 > OTOH, long double on PPC isn't any
> sort of IEEE so, strictly speaking, we don't support it.

nor do I sue them, so I guess I don't care -- setting it as KNOWNFAIL
would be fine with me!

thanks, and thanks to everyone for a another fabulous release!

   -Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

chris.bar...@noaa.gov