Matthieu Brucher wrote:
>> try:
>>    import sys
>>    import ctypes
>>    _old_rtld = sys.getdlopenflags()
>>    sys.setdlopenflags(_old_rtld|ctypes.RTLD_GLOBAL)
>>    from numpy.linalg import lapack_lite
>> finally:
>>    sys.setdlopenflags(_old_rtld)
>>    del sys; del ctypes; del _old_rtld
>>

> This also applies to scipy code that relies on BLAS as well. Lisandra
> Dalcin gave me a tip that is close to this one some months ago
> (http://matt.eifelle.com/2008/11/03/i-used-the-latest-mkl-with-numpy-and.../).
> The best official solution is to statically link against the MKL with
> Python.

IIUC, it should be enough to load the .so-s in GLOBAL mode once. So it
is probably enough to ensure NumPy is patched in a way so that SciPy
loads NumPy which loads the .so-s in GLOBAL mode, so that a seperate
patch for SciPy is not necesarry. (Remains to be tried, I'm moving on to
building SciPy now.)

As for static linking, do you mean linking MKL into the Python
interpreter itself? Or statically linking with NumPy?

In the former case....well, even if the above solution is a
not-officially-supported hack, I'd prefer that to messing with the
Python build as long as it actually works, which it seems to...requiring
custom Python builds for MKL support is not something one should do if
one could avoid it. (I build my own Python anyway, but I suppose many
potential NumPy/MKL users don't.)

Dag Sverre