On Feb 23, 2010, at 1:03 AM, Charles R Harris wrote:

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 2:06 PM, Pauli Virtanen <p...@iki.fi> wrote:
ma, 2010-02-22 kello 14:01 -0700, Charles R Harris kirjoitti:
> On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 1:58 PM, Robert Kern <robert.k...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
[clip]
> > Why? PyCObjects don't serialize at all. They would never show up in
> > a pickle to begin with.
>
> So what happens to them? I'm not that familiar with pickles

arraydescr_reduce pulls out the datetime info from the metadata dict,
and converts it to a tuple containing something pickleable. And
everything in reverse in *_setstate

Everything works except the import of the {ufunc, multiarray} api's from the modules. If the api's are stored as PyCObjects then all the tests pass. I'll try to get that last bit fixed up tomorrow.

Just back from PyCon. It is useful to know that the Python core team feels that NumPy porting to 3k is a *big* deal.

Lots of people would be interested in your experiences with porting NumPy to Python 3k. In particular, the fact that they removed APIs and the extra pain that causes is useful information in their decision making.

I'm not sure how big a deal it is that we have to change the API to handle PyCapsules instead of PyCObjects, but if you have any feedback to the python core dev team, they would be interested in hearing it --- particularly right after PyCon.

-Travis

Chuck

Travis Oliphant
Enthought Inc.