On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 10:20, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.har...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 9:07 AM, Robert Kern <robert.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 09:43, David Cournapeau <courn...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> > Maybe a bug in py2to3, because StringIO is in io in python 3, and we
>> > have a io module in numpy (.io is the new syntax for relative import).
>>
>> Bug reported:
>>
>> http://bugs.python.org/issue8221
>>

> What would be the best fix? Should we rename io to something like npyio?

utils.py is the only file in there that imports StringIO. It should
probably do a local import "from io import BytesIO" because io.py
already contains some Python3-awareness:

if sys.version_info[0] >= 3:
    import io
    BytesIO = io.BytesIO
else:
    from cStringIO import StringIO as BytesIO

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco