On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 11:55 PM, Patrick Marsh
<patrickmars...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
> Per my previous email, I'm trying to setup the release process for Numpy on
> my MacBook Pro.  When trying to build Numpy 1.4.1r3 with Python 2.5.4 I get
> a broken toolchain error (below).  I do not get this error when trying to
> build Numpy with Python 2.6.5 - and there is nothing fundamentally different
> (that I know of) between my Python 2.5.4 and Python 2.6.5 environments.

Actually, there is, especially if you are on 10.6. Both python are
installed from python.org ?

> compile options: '-Inumpy/core/src/private -Inumpy/core/src -Inumpy/core
> -Inumpy/core/src/npymath -Inumpy/core/src/multiarray -Inumpy/core/src/umath
> -Inumpy/core/include
> -I/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/include/python2.5 -c'
> gcc: _configtest.c
> cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-long-double"

The error is caused by using a different gcc than the one used to
build python (the -Wno-long-double option is not valid anymore for gcc
4.2 I think). To check this, please compare gcc -v against the version
reported by python (for example at the python prompt).

cheers,

David