On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 8:21 PM, Lisandro Dalcin <dalc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Do we really need this for NumPy 2? What about using the old PyCObject
> for all Py 2.x versions? If this is not done, perhaps NumPy 2 on top
> of Py 2.x should still accept the __array_struct__ being a PyCObject?
>
> As reference, Cython still uses PyCObject for Py<3.1
> http://hg.cython.org/cython-devel/rev/8a58f1544bd8#l1.33 .

Blame the Python 2.7 developers, those suckers deprecated the PyCObject.
Grrr... I didn't see the point, myself, I'm tempted to deprecate 2.7 just to
get even. There are some routines in the numpy/core/src includes that you
might want to copy, they will allow you to use a common interface for
PyCObject and PyCapsule if you need to do that.

Chuck