HI folks,

What's the fastest way to convert a numpy array to tuples?

Unfortunately, not all packages take arbitrary sequences when they are
expecting a list of tuples. In this case, I'm using PIL's ImageDraw, and
want to do:

draw.line(points)

(points is an Nx2 numpy array of ints)

but if I pass in an array, I get, oddly enough, nothing. NO error, just
nothing drawn.

if I do:

draw.line(points.tolist())

SystemError: new style getargs format but argument is not a tuple

So I seem to need tuples. This works:

draw.line([tuple(p) for p in points.tolist()])

but that seems like it would be slower than it should be (to be honest,
not profiled).

Is there a faster way?

Maybe numpy should have a ndarray.totuple() method.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

chris.bar...@noaa.gov