Matthew Brett wrote:
> should raise an error.  On the other hand, if I make a normal array:
>
> arr = np.array([1.0, 2.0, 7.0])
>
> and then do this:
>
> arr.visible[2] = False
>
> then either I should raise an error (it's not a masked array), or,
> more magically, construct a mask on the fly.

maybe it's too much Magic, but it seems reasonable to me that for an
array without a mask, arr.visible[i] is simply True for all values of i
-- no need to create a mask to determine that.

does arr[i] = np.IGNORE

auto-create a mask if there is not one there already? I think it should.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

chris.bar...@noaa.gov