Hi Valery

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 3:23 AM, Valery Khamenya <khame...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a module micronumpy that appeared at PyPy source tree:
> https://bitbucket.org/pypy/pypy/src/dfae5033127e/pypy/module/micronumpy/
> The great contributions of Justin Peel and Ilya Osadchiy to micronumpy
> module revive step-by-step the functionality of numpy.
> It would be great if some of numpy-gurus could jump in to assist, contribute
> some code and also, perhaps, guide a bit where the things go deeply in numpy
> nature.

If the micronumpy array object exposes the array interface, it would
be easy to intermix standard numpy and PyPy loops on numpy arrays (and
then it's probably overkill to redo the whole of NumPy in PyPy?).
IIRC, this is the approach we took with the micronumpy GSOC project a
year ago, but I haven't been following the project since then.

Regards
Stéfan